Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Year Already!?!

Our little Valentine's baby turned 1 this year.  We celebrated with a huge party at my parents house in Palm Springs, full of good food, candy, cake, bubble machine and a pinata.  Maggie had a blast playing with her cousins, playing with my mom's dog Pip and of course, eating candy!  She wouldn't even stop to eat lunch, too busy!  I really can't believe a year has gone by since I had her.  I never knew life could be so fun, rewarding, hard, and incredible.  It makes me kind of sad that I'm having another baby so soon because I feel like she will always be my baby.  Here are some pictures of the fun birthday party:

The Invite - my very talented cousin Kelty did her invitation for me.  Check out her blog Steep Street on my blog roll!


With Nonni and Papa


I made her banner, if you know me well, you would be really proud of me because I'm not crafty at all! PS I cut it all out by hand!

The food table

The dessert table

Birthday Girl

 

Lovin' her stroller Auntie Thorey bought her
  

Cake!
  

Ahhh, after the "candle incident"
 


 

Pinata time!
 

 

  

Charlotte loved pushing her around in the stroller - Charlotte thinks Maggie is a doll!
  

  

Trying out the cake - again!
  

All tuckered out
  

Ohhhh Thorey!!!
  

This is the next day (her actual birthday) before going to church
 

We are so excited about this next year and what is in store for us.  I'm sure it will be exciting and very, very busy!
Happy Birthday Maggie, we love you!

11 comments:

Kristi said...

That little girl is so precious! I can't wait to see what her little brother looks like. Happy Birthday, little Maggie!

Braden and Jodee said...

Oh, she is such a doll! Happy Birthday to Maggie!

PS. You need to invest in a cricut! You're crazy to have cut that out all by hand. Super cute though!

Marly C said...

Such a cutie! I love the invitation- Maggie's eyes look so beautiful.

EvaMarieva said...

What a fun birthday. She has gotten so big!

Trena said...

Jodee, I would love to get a cricut, if someone is willing to buy it for me and the cartridges!!

Kara said...

SHUT IT!!! I can't believe you made that Trena. That is a mother's love right there. Does Maggie know that Mrs. McHenry gave you an N for cutting? Seriously so sweet.

Thorey said...

It was a lot of fun! But seriously, did you have to post the picture of the pregnant lady eating an entire platter of chocolates? I think for doing that you should bring me 1/2 pounds of See's (scotchmallows and the chocolate covered toffees) when you come to see the baby in the hospital. Only seems fair. :)

Fealyclan said...

Looks like a lot of fun. You have such a beautiful little girl. The decorations and all looked really great too...good job. Don't worry, even though when you have another baby the other one seems to grow up way too fast, she'll always be your baby.

Katie said...

I just now saw this! So cute.. I'm glad you got so many shots cuz I forgot my camera. I love that little darling to pieces and I am very proud of you for doing the banner. It was the party of the year!

Braden and Jodee said...

I have the mini (I did get it for Christmas one year)... They had it on sale at Joann's for $80 last week. Don't know if that is still going on, and I heard you can get cartridges on ebay for super cheap.

Fealyclan said...

Hey, Trena.
I just visited your cousin Keltys blog. Her stuff is so beautiful. I want some of those postcard bundles. So cool! Oh and by the way, you have such a beautiful baby!! I hope you're feeling well carrying her little brother and things are all good.