Saturday, December 12, 2009

The New Addition

I'm sure some of you probably already know or are guessing, but Aaron and I are expecting our second baby!  This came at somewhat of a surprise to us but we are very, very happy.  My expected due date is June 23rd and I'm just over 12 weeks pregnant.  We had our doctors appointment on Friday and got to hear the heartbeat and everything seems to be going well.  I have bad morning sickness but am handling it with Zofran and Coca-cola.  :)  My morning sickness is definitely not as bad as when I was pregnant with Maggie so at least that's some relief.  Maggie is excited to be a big sister.  They will only be 16 months apart and hopefully become best friends.  I'm a little scared having two babies at home and how I'm going to manage that, but it will all work out. 

In other news, Maggie is officially walking!  We are so proud of her.  She's only 9 months old and sooo tiny, so it's pretty hilarious.  She doesn't look like she should be walking because she's so small.  I'm so happy she is walking because crawling was driving me crazy.  She would get so dirty and pick up every tiny thing on the floor.  Yuck!

Here is my 8 week ultrasound picture.  It's a horrible, horrible ultrasound picture, but it is what it is!  And we are thrilled to be adding onto our family!


13 comments:

Natalie said...

Trena,
We are so excited for you. Congratulations!

My Homestead said...

It looks like a boy

Braden and Jodee said...

Congratulations! You have been the talk of the town! (In a good way of course). Our babies will be just a few weeks apart!

Kristi said...

What a cute little bean! You're only a month behind me!

Dude, Coke and graham crackers saved my life this time. I almost borrowed some of Kara's Zofran too. Luckily, my sickness has pretty much lifted.

Marly C said...

So exciting! I can't wait to see Maggie walk. I bet it is just the cutest!

Jarom & Crystal said...

Yay, How exciting for you guys!! Congratulations!!!

Amanda said...

Wow Trena, we seriously sound like twins! My girls are 16 months apart! I was on zofran with both babies but was way sicker with the first. Congrats to you! I hope it's a girl.

Trena said...

How funny Amanda!! I always knew we were twins. I really hope it's a girl too. I want Maggie to have a sister, but we'll see. It's probably a boy!

Katie said...

yeah.. I'm not so convinced Maggie's on board with having a sibling... I'm pretty sure she's concocting some diabolical plan behind that cute grin.

Kara said...

That's a baby? I don't know if this one's going to be as photogenic as Maggie. I'm not shallow...I'll still love it! I'm so excited...can't wait until May!!!

Susanna Landon said...

Wow, Trena! I am so happy for you! Maggie will be a great older sister. I bet you hope for another girl. They will be so close. Congrats and by the way, you have a beautiful uterus.

ashcraft8 said...

Congrats Trena!!!! I'm so happy for you

Kara said...

Tren...can you update please?!!! I miss Maggie (sob).