Sunday, February 8, 2009

Valentine's Baby

Well, at my appointment last Thursday, I was telling my mid-wife that I started to feel my baby move in the lower region of my stomach. She looked at me with wide eyes and said, "that's not good!". She quickly did an ultrasound and we found out that my baby is breech! I could not believe it because this is exactly what my sister Thorey went through 4 months ago with Charlotte. She then told me I had to schedule an exterior version (where they try to flip your baby from the outside) the next day. I was soooo scared. Aaron and I showed up to the hospital and the nurses were amazing. I had two doctors who performed the version, and with 3 tries... it didn't work. I was in so much pain from it (seriously, don't ever do it), sobbing uncontrollably, and I couldn't breathe. It was awful. So, they scheduled me to have a c-section on February 14th, when I'm 39 weeks. I'm in total denial that I'm having a c-section and hopeful that she'll turn back around. But I'm told she is probably too big, and if the version didn't work, she'll probably not turn.

I told Thorey our daughters can no longer be friends because Charlotte is a bad influence on her. :) At least I'll get a healthy baby on Saturday and she'll have a very memorable birthday. The nurses oohh'd and aaww'd over how healthy my baby looks and the doctor said she had a "beautiful umbilical cord". Which I thought was a little weird. :) Aaron and I are really excited though and now it actually gives us some motivation to work on her baby room! (Which we have totally been slacking on.) So when you are out with your sweetheart on Valentine's Day, I'll be with my new little sweetheart - in the hospital!

18 comments:

Fealyclan said...

Oh man! I'm sorry you had to go through that. I've heard it's not pleasant (slight understatement, I'm sure...). How exciting to have a date though, & what a good one! That's Jacobs birthday too. I hope all goes well, we'll be praying that you have a good experience.

Natalie said...

Before I went to the hospital to have Spencer, Doug gave me a blessing that I wouldn't have to have a c-section. Well, four c-sections later, I'm convinced it is the only way to have a baby. I'll be thinking of you this Saturday. Good luck. C-sections are wonderful. I would never want to feel a contraction ever, ever again.

Kristi said...

Seriously Trena, contractions suck anyway! Hopefully, you will have a very speed recovery. Plus you won't feel like there is ground beef in between your legs!

I can't wait to see and meet her. Six more days! Holy crap!

Jarom & Crystal said...

I had to have a C-section with Kaleb because he was also breech. It turned out to be better than I thought it would. It was nice to skip the labor part and know the day of his birth before hand.
I'm excited for you guys and hope you have a fast recovery.

Kenny said...

I know this isn't an ideal situation for you, but that's the thing about babies--you have to let them lead you! And, you never know, babies have been known to turn up until the very last moment. Good luck to you no matter how she comes!

Susanna Landon said...

What a fabulous day to have a baby. I was induced on Friday the 13th with Tate. Luckily he was born on the 14th. I am so excited for you and I hope you post pictures right away. I will be thinking of you and I will say a little prayer too!

EvaMarieva said...

I am so sorry you had to go through that. They tried it with my best friend in Vegas and it didn't work either. the good news is you will have your lil girl in less than a week. What a great valentines gift!

brodiefiles said...

Sorry things aren't going the way you wanted them to. At least you can plan ahead now! There's always a bright side....

Allison said...

Kyle was due on valentine's day...I went into labor with him that day also...but he didn't come until the next day. So, this Sunday we are celebrating his 4th birthday! :D Congrats on having your precious baby girl joining you so soon. :)

Emily said...

The worst part of a C-section for me was going from totally numb to un-numb. I hate that feeling so much! Everything else is a piece of cake. Good luck Trena! I'll be thinking about you on Saturday!

Braden and Jodee said...

Oh, so sorry and congrats all at the same time! Can't wait to see little Maggie!

Huss Family said...

Oh I know you put a lot of time into having a natural birth! So sorry. But that is kids for you. You plan one thing and they have something totally different in mind. You'll get used to it:) But I am SO excited to see little Maggie and I am so excited that she will be a Valentines baby. How awesome is that!?!

Mindy said...

Oh how fun!! What a wonderful valentines day! Congrats and I'll be thinking of you.

Amanda said...

Wow Trena, that is crazy! I'm sorry you have to have a c-section, but I'm sooooooooooooooo excited for you to have your little baby girl! She is going to be so precious! Good luck with everything and post pictures asap!

Kara said...

You know...you could always throw in a third name for little Maggie. Margaret Elizabeth Valentina Schulze. It's the perfect Valentine's name and you'd score major points with you mom! You can never have too many family names. You'll do awesome. You were made to be a mommy!!!

Sherri Araiza said...

Good luck! You'll do great. I had a c-section with Owen and it's not as bad as you'd think. The good thing is that they are a lot quicker than going through labor! Be sure to stay on your pain meds round the clock while you're in the hospital- that really helps a lot. Also, have your doctor get you a belly-band for support. That helped me tremendously!!! Oh, and after the surgery the nurses will probably have you walk the hallways. I thought they were crazy! But try to walk around as much as possible because it will help you heal faster. I'll be thinking of you!

Fealyclan said...

I hear you have a new little red headed Valentines baby. Congrats! I bet she's a cutie. I can't wait to se her. I hope you update soon. Don't pull a Kara...k? lol :o) Get well soon and have fun with your new little girl.

Jessica Stier said...

Ok Trena, it's been a week. Time to update your blog with some of those beautiful baby pictures for all of us who don't get to see that sweet little baby on a regular basis.

love you!