Aaron and I had our last day in the Ximeno Branch on Sunday. We decided months ago that it was time to move on into our English speaking ward, but somehow I ended up being Primary president and had to do the Sacrament Meeting Presentation in November (all in Spanish). I'm glad we stuck around for a little while longer. The presentation turned out really nice, the children sang and spoke their parts beautifully and I truly felt the Spirit - even though I didn't know what anyone was saying. We served in the branch for 1 year and 3 months and it has flown by. On Sunday I was sitting there looking at all the members of the branch and how they are all my friends and I love them. But we are ready to go back to our English ward and I'm ready to have this baby in a couple of months. Of course, we had to stick around long enough for the Christmas party. We had homemade tamales, made by Hermana Chacon and they were the best tamales we have ever eaten. It was a fun night. Here are a couple of pictures from the branch.
Kassandra and Megan performing the Christmas nativity program

The Cervantes Family singing carols

Aaron and me at the Christmas party

Primary Activity Day in October

Our branch President and his wife with the Easter Bunny (Aaron)

Me and some of my Primary girls at our Christmas Activity

Adios, Rama Ximeno. We'll come back and visit sometime.
7 comments:
I am SO excited for you to come to our ward! Does this mean Sunday you will be making your debut?
I'm really sad that you won't be in my stake any more... That will be weird. BUT, I'm really glad that you will have an opportunity to get to know the people in the ward that you live in... and be connected with old friends, too!
That is so exciting that you only have a few more months until you have your baby - you look adorable with your Primary kids!!
Did being around those beautifully tan people all the time give you a complex? You're definitely beautiful, but you've got my kind of skin. I don't think I'd be caught dead without tights or nylons on. Especially in the winter. Now you can have bare legs...YAY!
Hi Trina,
I'm thinking about making my blog private. Can you send me your e-mail at crystalgu1980@yahoo.com so I can add you to my view list.
Thanks!
Happy New Years!!!
Crystal
When is your baby due? She should be here soon right?
So we went to stake conference today and I totally thought of you and missed seeing you in our stake. I'm so sad, but so happy for you guys at the same time!
Post a Comment