Thursday, July 3, 2008

What would you do for love?

I'm intrigued by this story...

Grandma, 70, Gives Birth to Twins

Omkari Panwar, the wife of a retired farmer, delivered the twins — a boy and girl — via Caesarean section.

Panwar, who has two adult daughters and five grandchildren, underwent in-vitro fertility treatment so she could produce a male heir.


I don't know about you, but if I was 70 and my husband said we had to have another child to produce a male heir, I would consider putting arsenic in his Ensure.

9 comments:

Kara said...

I think I'd even consider your morbid idea at 50 years old. What a wack job!!! Imagine the wrinkles on her tummy!!!

Anonymous said...

Amen sister. I don't even want to have more kids if I'm over 30!!! Okay maybe over 35.

EvaMarieva said...

So I am sitting alone at 11PM tonight reading this (Mike is at We Are Scientists) and laughing so hard at your response!

Fealyclan said...

ha ha ha !! That is so twisted!

Amy said...

I love the arsenic in the ensure!!! You crack me up!

Mindy said...

GROSS!!

Katie said...

I wonder how long they tried to concieve "naturally" or if that was even physically possible at their age.. what would be cheaper- Viagra or IVF?

Pixie said...

Crack me up! No thanks!!

And you know that the sisters are going to have to raise them!

Anonymous said...

Yay, I guess this means you changed you mind, and yes, we should all definitely get together soon!