Well, Aaron and I have been sick lately. This is the first time in our marriage that both of us has been sick at the same time. When I thought about this I was thinking, "Alright! We'll both get to stay home from work and hang out!". Boy was I wrong. You see, the problem with both you and your spouse being sick is that nothing gets done and no one is willing to do anything. This was a typical conversation we had yesterday:
me: "Boy, I'm thirsty."
Aaron: "Yeah, me too."
me: "Could you get me some water?"
A: "Oh, I'm so tired. Could you get it?"
me: "I'm really tired too. Could you get it?"
A: "But my head hurts. Could you get it?"
me: "My whole body hurts. Could you please get it?"
(then we just stared at each other, then forgot what we were talking about because our heads started to get dizzy. and then we fell asleep.)
So, I actually think I'm getting worse because no one is taking care of me. My Mom always told me I'm the worst sick person. I'm a total baby and complain constantly. Anyway, I'm taking volunteers to come over and make me dinner and do a little light cleaning. And also give me a pedicure. Is that too much to ask??
4 years ago
7 comments:
I can sympathize because I too am a horrible sick person.
I am really pregnant right now and I hate feet so I can't give a pedi. But since I do live right around the corner I would be more than happy to bring you some water:)
If you honestly need some help just let me know I would be more than happy too! Really.
You are the WORST sick person ever!! (besides mom- I called her and she did the whole "I'm sick in my nose" baby voice thing, I love mom!) But, I will always take care of you... as long as you aren't doing those pukey-burps.
I think you're totally tough stuff! How many girls dislocate their hip and just sit there without uttering a peep. You tell Aaron you're sicker and to get you some water!!!
Reading that makes me miss you guys SO much! I can totally picture that scenario! You are too cute of a couple!
Holy cow....I'm so ready for sickness to be done and over with! It really sucks when you guys get sick together because then you both feel like crap and can't take care of the other. Eric cleaned out my little trash can for me, so I owe him big time! He even held my hair back the first time I puked!! I feel like such a crap sometimes because when he gets that sick, I can't be anywhere near it because I gag.
Yes, it's too much to ask.
So it was you who got me sick somehow huh?? I'm a horrible sick person too. I so need to be taken care of when I'm sick and it just gets WORSE when you have kids. Audrey was sick with me and trust me her needs were always met first. I wanted to DIE!! I just wanted to curl up in a ball and let someone nurse me back to health too. I guess when you are the mom, all that goes OUT the window!
Post a Comment