Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The one where I ramble about nothing

Well, we are feeling better. Yes, we are both feeling so much better that Aaron decided it would be a great idea to taste test compare the new Jack-in-the-Box Sirloin burger with hickory bar-be-que sauce against the Carl's Jr. Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger. I'll let him blog about that experience, but it ended up with me feeling sick for the rest of the day and not eating. WE ARE REALLY SMART SICK PEOPLE.

Aaron went to the Father and Sons campout on Friday night (I asked him who's this "son" I've never heard about) so I was home all alone. So Thorey came over and we went out to dinner and shopping. Her belly is SO cute - but I'll let her put pictures on her blog of it. I LOVE looking at her belly because it gives me a glimpse of what mine will look like, since we basically have the same body, just different heads. She looks adorable, so I'm excited that I won't look like a gross, fat, ugly beast. That's reassuring.

Aaron is "graduating" this coming Sunday. He actually finished his MBA in December, but has to wait until the spring to walk. I'm so incredibly proud of him! We are celebrating by eating at a Brazilian Churrascaria - his choice of course, but I'm not complaining. It is so nice he is out of school now. He is thinking about teaching a business class at a Jr College at night, which is great, and I think he will love doing that. He is a wonderful teacher, very patient and understanding.

I always think about going back to school for a Masters degree. I saw my old French Horn teacher at the Ahmanson a few weeks ago. He was playing in the pit. He asked me if I was getting a masters and I told him no. And part of me wanted to tell him YES - I AM! I just don't know what I want to get my Masters in. If I'm going to keep working for the Government, then I'll probably get an MPA (Masters in Public Administration). I just have to keep on looking at different programs and see if it's worth it.

I really want to go on a vacation this year. Is anyone going on a really good one? Let me know so I can live vicariously through you! This post is so random.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were you guys puking? Because if you were Jack in the Box was a very bad idea!!! It makes me want to puke just thinking about it. I'm glad you guys are feeling better though! Being sick totally sucks. I think we are all finally on the up and up too! Oh, and don't worry to much about a Masters...a baby is so much better!

Valentina Stier said...

I'm going to Europe.