Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Why Did You Do That?

Before Aaron and I moved into our new condo I got to look at all of our neighbors condos and see what they did with their place. My neighbors to the left of me have a nice layout, chose really nice tile and kitchen cabinets (a little to modern for my taste) but all in all nice.

The neighbors to the right of me chose to CARPET their entire house. Even their bathrooms, around the toilet, etc. When I walked into their house, I couldn't believe it. I was totally grossed out. Especially thinking about a guy going to the bathroom and their aim is never accurate.

So, as we are moving in, I finally get to meet the neighbors. I was shocked to meet the Carpet Neighbors. They are a cute young family (actually the husband looks like he could be in a gang) but his wife is adorable, nice and they have a little baby. It doesn't make sense. I look at them and wonder...WHY, WHY, WHY did you carpet your entire house! Tile was standard and FREE! Now every time I run into them, that's the first things that pops into my head. One day I'm going to explode and it's just going to come out... Why is there CARPET in your bathroom??!

15 comments:

Kara said...

WWJD? Although...maybe someone needs to tell them how filthy that is!

Melissa said...

My mom's house had carpet in all of her bathrooms up until about 6 years ago when Rick and I tiled the bathrooms for her. Of course, she didn't choose this...it was just how things were back in the 70's when the house was built. Now days...it is a little odd to find a new place with carpet in the bathrooms. When you find out what drove them to such madness, let us know. Maybe you should invite her to Bunko night so we can all pry it out of her!

PS. Why did you remove I'll show you mine if you show me yours? I thought it was hilarious! You should definitely scheme to steal her writing pad one of these days...even just to see her reaction...then replace it in time for her afternoon break. That would definitely spice up your life for your blog. Your mom might even be proud?!

Trena said...

Thank you so much for tiling your mom's bathrooms!! I don't know what people were thinking back then to do that!

Aaron made me delete it because I could technically get fired for writing about co-workers and I was feeling a little guilty about it! But seriously, I have SO much good material to work with!! Aaron said I should start another blog and make it private so I can write about my co-workers there. So we'll see. I just might do that! :)

Leah Dozier said...

Ugh, I don't get carpet at all! I have wood everywhere, well except for the kids rooms, and that is because it got too expensive. All a person needs to do is pull up carpet that is a few years old, it is so disgusting!

Pixie said...

You originally posted to a public blog? Trena!! Didn't dooce teach you ANYTHING?

Pixie said...

PS you better not be writing those FROM work either missy! That's also begging for a pink slip.

Katie said...

I can't think about it, it makes me want to barf.
In fact, how do you not barf when you see them and then think about them walking on their damp-mildew-peed-on carpet?

Valentina Stier said...

You could change their names and idenities and say it was another place you worked. Or you could just call me on the phone. Carpet in the whole house was, at one time, cheaper than wood flooring. Those were the only choices, so houses got carpeting when they were newly built. Then, of course, it became the rage and all the old houses were putting carpeting everywhere. Now you young people have to pull it all up to expose the original wood floors that have become popular again. Ah, the circle of life goes on...

Julia Loves David said...

I agree carpet is really gross in a bathroom - yuck

Amanda said...

Why why why?! You have to ask them!

Natalie said...

As the mother of two little boys, it makes me sick to think of a carpeted bathroom. What are they thinking????

Jessica Stier said...

Eeewwwww!!!!!

EvaMarieva said...

We had a place once with carpet in the bathroom and thankfully they toilet worked great. I never understand a persons thought process as to why they would do that.

timmay said...

when urine touches carpet, and after 36 hours of not cleaniing it, the urine goes from a liquid state to a powdered state. the powdered state is then scraped off the carpet and stored in a jar for more time to "cure". it takes aproximately 2 weeks for the urine to cure. upon curing powered urine can be used for many things, the most common is womens perfume. believe it or not, the urine is blended with ball sweat and stored for 5-16 days. the longer the urine and ball sweat is stored, the better smell the perfume is. so trena, THAT is why your neighbors have carpet throughout, i wouldn't be surprised if they are selling mary kay, and avon. and exploring new ways to make womens perfumes.
YMMIT

Anne said...

That's CRAZY!...and you're hilarious!