Thursday, April 17, 2008

Can't we just forget about this time?

My Mom said to me yesterday that my blog is getting boring. I love how brutally honest that lady is. Maybe if she reads this, she will be entertained. I was tagged by Erin.

High School Years (1995-1999)

1.Who were your friends? Kara, Katie, Jill, Emily, Merilee, Krystal, Katy Johnson, Amanda, the lady who would sell me nachos, my dad for always giving me money for nachos.

2.What sports did you play? I played basketball from Freshman year to Jr. year. Didn't play senior year because Kara dropped out and I couldn't continue without her, it was just too hard.

3.What kind of car did you drive? I didn't have a car, we were all poor - I borrowed my grandma's or hitched a ride from friends, usually Kara in her Sentra! (Girls kick ass!)

4.On Friday nights what were you doing? Um, going to Vons and looking at magazines, hanging out with my friends and/or parents, rollerblading, making music videos, video taping movies, remember that you guys?? (Jill saying, "Welcome..." in that scary voice.) Also Katie rockin' out on the bass guitar - nice.

5.Were you a party animal? Oh yeah - totally, of course, actually no.

6.Were you considered a flirt? No. Boys scared me.

7.Were you in band, orchestra or choir? Yes, yes and yes. Except we didn't have orchestra, if we did, I would have been in it as well.

8.Were you a nerd? Probably. I didn't hang out with the "cool" kids because they were all druggies.

9.Did you get suspended/expelled? I got suspended twice - shocker!

10.Can you still sing the fight song? No. I used to be able to play it on my horn, but I forgot it.

11.Who was your favorite teacher? Mr. Baker

12.Where did you sit during lunch? At a picnic table across from the bathrooms. Most of the time I didn't make it to lunch, I would usually ditch at that time.

13.Name of school? Sultana High School

14.School Mascot? Sultan

15.School colors? Teal, Black and White (LOVED those colors)

16.Rival High School? Hesperia High School

17.Did you go to prom? Unfortunately, yes. I would like to forget that experience.

18.If you could go back and do it again would you? No.

19.What do you remember most about graduation? Thinking, hallelujah!

20.Where did you go for senior skip day? I hardly ever skipped because I only had 4 classes. I did most of my skipping my Freshman - Junior years.

21.Favorite memory? Probably Kara driving her car around the schools track during soccer practice and me and Amanda ducking to make sure no one could see us. Later we found out she could have been expelled for doing that.

22.Were you in any clubs? I was in the bowling club my Sophomore year.

24.Have you gained some weight since then? Yes. I think like 10 pounds.

25.Who was your senior prom date? Saul ( I can't remember his last name) It was a bad experience.

26.Are you planning on going to your ten year reunion? No. Why would I want to torture myself?

27.Who was your home room teacher? Didn't have one.

28.How many fights did you get in? Zero. I tried not to look at people in the eyes.

29.Who was your high school sweetheart? Kara.

30.Are you still in contact with him/her? Yes - I wish I lived next door to her and see her everyday - but absence makes the heart grow fonder!

31.Do you still talk to people from high school? Yes. A few.

32.Where did you work in high school? My senior year I worked at Fanzz in Barstow.

33.What were your grades? Mostly, A's, B's, and C's.

34.What was your dress style? Dark Dickies, a belt the with letter "K" or "T" on it and a tight white t-shirt.

35.What year did you graduate? 1999.

I tag Katie and Kara. Kara - you better post this! You need to update your blog!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I always learn so many new things about you when you do these tags...I love it! I had no idea you played basketball in high school or that you got expelled. You were such a rebel! Still are :)

Trena said...

The funny thing about being suspended is that my own father suspended me both times. He was my high school vice principal!

Kara said...

You make me laugh so hard! I was sharing a story with Sonny you shared with me about "camels" (out by the swing set) and about peed my pants relating it to him. I explained to him that these stories aren't very funny, but you have a way of making them hilarious! You're the best story teller ever. I will totally post...eventually...I promise.

Anonymous said...

Amen to Kara's comment. I giggled pretty good. I love the part about your tight white T's. I remember you and Kara liked to talk about how good your boobies looked. I love that you didn't fight...I do remember you telling me to stop fighting so much. Remember when the boy cut in front of us in the nacho line? I pretty much hated high school too. Thank goodness for ditching!

Merilee said...

This was so funny, I do remember that day you and Kara missed choir, and Kara jumped the curb in her car because, well we all know why, but so funny. And cute pictures too. You look like you are doing so well! Congrats on your wedding.... way too late...sorry...

Valentina Stier said...

Funny, I just read Katie's tag and you guys wore the exact same clothes. Hmm, who's clothes were they really? Katie or yours? And I loved your senior year when dad and I got to spoil you. It was so fun. (stop mentioning the whiteboard- you just want sympathy-but you totally deserved it-any mother would have done the same. You know I was a saint of a mother) xox Mom