Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Just For Fun

My Parents (the couple on the right) before Homecoming in High School

My Mom (left) and my Aunt Trena (my namesake) when they were 21

I just wanted to share some other pictures I found of my Mom. She started dating my Dad when she was 14 years old and it just amazes me that they are still SO IN LOVE. In high school I would always tell her that I was suprised that they weren't divorced since they started dating when they were so young. I guess true love really does exist. Or my parents are just plain old crazy.

9 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh my gosh, your mom still looks the same. She is just so cute. She looks just like one of you guys! I love it!

Jessica Stier said...

Val is so pretty! Your parents are so cute and young.

Melissa said...

I can't believe they were high school sweethearts! How cute! I love seeing the pictures back then. It is amazing these days that they've been able to stay in love this long! That is incredible!

Anonymous said...

TRENA!!! How crazy that you found me! That was wild seeing your name on my comments box.
Kristen and I toted baby Elizabeth out to CO for Thanksgiving and I ended going to the movies with Carl and Chris.
Crazy.
Don't worry about not having kids yet. I didn't plan on having one yet. Oops! But it's the happiest mistake I've ever accidentally made.
What are you doing? School? Work? I'm almost done with my Bachelors in Theatre with a HUGE emphasis in Film. Check out my entertainment blog at lukehickman.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! You seriously look so much like your mom! I can't believe your dad. He looks like he weighs 90 pounds! I love it.

Anonymous said...

Your folks do look pretty cool on there. I actually saw them and Ben when I was out in CO for Christmas '06. I hadn't seen them in ages!

There was a crazy blizzard when we were there too. It took us 45 minutes to get from Powers to their house. The wind was blowing horizontal snow (or "Pioneer Killing Snow," as Carl likes to call it). The streets were solid sheets of ice.

You guys don't sound boring to me. Try being accidental college student parents with crappy part-time jobs. We're so broke that we only leave the house to go to see free press movies for the newspaper. That's the highlight of our living.

Can you believe how old we're getting? It blows. I'm going to be 28 this year.

Who else from home do you keep in touch with? As for me, I talk to nobody. I RARELY get to go back to my Dad's place.

Pixie said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again... that dress is awesome!! Your parents really haven't changed either. They're so cute.

Valentina Stier said...

Ok, let me straighten a few things out. First of all, I was just a few weeks away from turning 16 when we started dating. I followed him around all of the football season at school and Homecoming night he walked me home after the game. That was the closest I got to a date till after Christmas. We had a class together and mutual friends. Then he got a job and asked my out. And that is not Homecoming, that is Prom. And that dress cost my mom a fortune and I ended up hating it cuz the sequances keep getting snagged on things. And I got my hair done and it came out crappy and I cried all the way home and my mom had to fix it for me... But thanks for the compliments. xoxo Oh, Hi Luke!

Leah Dozier said...

Wasn't that the dress Thorey had shortened and wore to one of our high school dances? It looks familiar to me.