Monday, January 14, 2008

Getting Myself Back Together

I haven't posted in awhile due to not having heat, then not having electricty, and then not having internet. That has been my life these past few weeks. And yes, I finally obmitted that I am white trash since I came home Wednesday night with a lock on my electric meter. I knew growing up in the High Desert was going to come back and haunt me in the end. Alas, everything is fixed and Aaron even put up our new flat screen tv, mounted on our wall. So, I think that takes a couple of white trash points away from my total.

We have been adjusting and settling in to our new place. We ordered new couches from my cousin Scott and a new entertainment center. I should get my couches in a few weeks, then we'll have some sort of house warming party. Aaron and I went back to the old apartment this weekend to do some final pick up and cleaning and we were in awe that we lived in that dump for so long. I must have incredible faith that I lived in a dive for over 2 years. I would always justify the apartment by saying, "at least it's in a nice neighborhood". Until that one night where my car was parked on a street and got totalled by a drunk driver. I had to rethink that statement from there on out.

Christmas was awesome and I loved every minute of it. To see pictures, just go to my sister's blog or sister-in-law's blog. I'm too lazy to post pictures myself! We did take family photos over Christmas, and it was a miracle everyone behaved. You should have seen the family photos from my wedding. It was pretty bad and only a few people cooperated. I wasn't one of those people. Anyway, here is my family, well, just me and Aaron. The group shot is getting a little touch up from Ben, my brother, as he is the photoshop king. I'll post pics of the new place soon, I promise. Be patient!!



2 comments:

Kara said...

Yay...a new post. I can't wait to see your new place. That is such a great picture of you and Aaron. All I have to say is we were right on the money with our little "fifth grade" epiphany.

Katie said...

cute family pics!