Monday, November 5, 2007

Tagged

I've been tagged by Julia - so I have to write 6 interesting things about me. I know what you are all saying... "there are TONS of interesting things about Trena, how can she narrow it down to 6??" Well, I have and here it is:

1. I was named after my Aunt Trena, who really isn't my Aunt, she's my Mom's cousin, and I spell it with an "e" instead of an "i" because my Aunt Trena's Mom didn't know how to spell Trina. I didn't know know this until I went to college. Also, my middle name is JoAnne, but I found out on my birth certificate it's spelled Joanne - I brought this up to my Mom while I was in college because I needed my birth certificate for something or other and my Mom's direct quote was, "Oh, I'm sorry honey. They didn't capitalize the 'a' and I just never got around to change it, so that's how it is". Needless to say, I lost a part of my identity that day.

2. I shave my legs everyday.

3. I can still play my marching band song on my flute that I learned in 7th grade.

4. My biggest phobia is pigeons.

5. I was on the cover of the "Bernly Times", a newspaper in England. Burnly was a very, very small village in England, and just the fact that American girls were visiting got us (me and my cousins) on the front paper. Unfortunately, right next to the picture was an article that was titled, "BOMBED FOUND: 2 QUESTIONED". So it looked like we were the ones that were questioned about the bomb. I'll try to scan the newspaper for you to see. It's pretty funny.

6. In college, I recorded my own album, that totally sucked. My bands name was Trena and the Trix (hence the name of my blog) and my album title was "Let's Get Ticky".

OKAY, I tag KATIE now.

The End.

4 comments:

Jessica Stier said...

How fun!
Trena, I hope you had a great birthday today.
love you.

Katie said...

Thank you thank you!! I've always wanted to be tagged!!

Julia Loves David said...

I’m so glad that you actually did this. I think I would be upset if I found out my name was different on my birth certificate too. I’ve never heard of someone with pigeon phobia, this is especially not good since they are everywhere in the city. I don’t mind them, and called animal control for a hurt pigeon a few months back. Now spiders, that’s a different thing.

Anonymous said...

Trena, Trena, Trena...what can I say, I shave my legs everyday too! You're afraid of pigeons? Thanks for your comment. We can't wait for you to meet Wyatt either. Love Kristi