Monday, November 26, 2007

Something Scary...





Well, Aaron and I bought a condo. I really don't feel like it's real - we have been so busy with other things in our life that I haven't been really thinking about it lately. But today we got a call from our mortgage guy telling us that our escrow will probably close in 3 weeks! Crazy. Anyway, the condo is in Garden Grove. I KNOW - I said that I would never live in GG but we got a great deal and it's less than a mile away from where I work. Fortunately, we got "permission" from our stake president to stay in the Spanish Branch. It's kind of like, don't ask, don't tell type of thing. We feel strongly that we need to stay in the Spanish Branch, we love it SO much there. I'm learning so much Spanish, it's crazy. Anyway, the condo is brand new and Aaron and I get to pick out the flooring on Friday. I still don't know what we are going to decide on. And, if you look at the floorplan, the "Study" is actually a 2nd bedroom. We are doubling our space from our tiny apartment. Anyway, wish us luck... and we might need help moving! :)

7 comments:

Jessica Stier said...

That is so stinking cool!!! I'm so proud of you's guys.

I hope we can see it when we come down for Christmas. How exciting!!!

ashcraft8 said...

Congrats on the condo! I'm so excited for you two. I'm glad you'll still be with the branch so we'll still be able to see you reguarly. Let us know if you need anything.

Amy said...

WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!! I LOVE it! It's gorgeous and it's brand-spankin-new!!!! It's a dream. You guys are soooo lucky! Some day it'll happen for me (I hope)!!!! Congratulations!!!! I'm excited for the house-warming party! We'd love to help you guys move too!

Mandy said...

Wow Trena! Congratulations. I'm so proud of you. You guys are doing so great. I can't wait to see it. I miss you Trena!

Natalie said...

Trena,
I am so excited for you! Congrats on the condo. We're sad you're leaving Long Beach, but know this is something great for you!
Natalie

Anne said...

Okay, am I the only person in their right mind? Cool?? Congrats??? It's HORRIBLE!!!! ;P

We LB 10th Warders will definitley miss you but Tiff is right that at least we'll still get to see you around. I guess I'll get over it eventually!

My Homestead said...

Hey Trena! I saw your blog on Amy's and thought I would check it out. It was good to see you on Sat. I am laughing because your new condo is right behind our place! I drive by the little sign all the time. Too bad you wont be in our ward it's awesome!