Sunday, October 14, 2007

HOLA

So, Aaron and I recently got called into the Ximeno Branch (which is the Spanish branch in our stake). It's a stake assignment, but we will hold callings and it will be our ward from now on. Church and all classes are in all Spanish - which is fantastic! But I don't speak Spanish, so it's a little bit of a struggle for me. I do a lot of smiling and nodding my head - and probably looking a little spacey. I'm trying to learn Spanish and Aaron is totally supporting me. He's teaching me a bunch of useful words like, lobo - which means "wolf" in Spanish. He also taught me "espada" - which means sword in Spanish. Lately I've been realizing that he's been teaching me a bunch of D&D terms. Like, when will I use "wolf" in a sentence at church. "Hello Hermana Rodriguiz, have you seen any wolves lately?". I think I need a new tutor.

6 comments:

Jessica Stier said...

That's so fun! Tell him not to beat around the bush. Ask him to teach you how to say, "I only roll 20's..."

Braden and Jodee said...

Not that I saw either of you being in the Primary, but we'll miss you!

ashcraft8 said...

It sounds like you are already off to a great start. Enjoy your calling and keep blogging so I can keep up on what's going on.

Braden and Jodee said...

You should totally come paintballing! It is SOOOOO fun! I'll call you next time :)

Pixie said...

I'm with you on the new tutor. Tell him to at least teach you Buffy terms! ;)

Natalie said...

Trena,
All of us in tenth ward are still mad that you had to leave us. Good luck with your new calling and keep us posted.
Natalie