Monday, June 2, 2008

Stuff you really didn't want to know...

List: 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 random surprising facts about yourself.

3 Joys

1. My time in life right now and possibly my new house.
2. My nieces and nephews and the way their faces look when I give them a sucker.
3. A good husband who can bake really well and makes me laugh daily.

3 Fears

1. Heights (so generic, but true)
2. Opossums, gross and disgusting creatures.
3. Sometimes in a parking structure I picture it caving in. Is that a fear? Or do I need to go a loony bin?

3 Goals

1. Save more money and stop spending so much money!
2. Have children.
3. Publish our family cookbook.

3 Current Obsessions/Collections

1. Orson Scott Card books (the Alvin Maker series as of right now)
2. Battlestar Galactica (Aaron's starting to hate it because it's more like a soap opera now)
3. My new Zune (so much better than an ipod or icrappy, as I like to call it)

3 Random Facts About Me

1. I've never had a surgery, bone broken or any hospitalization at any time and I'm in the normal for everything. (Knock on wood)
2. I'm the youngest of 5 children, even though I act like the oldest (bossy, organized, likes to be in control)
3. I teach grown adults how to use a computer. I know you are all jealous!

I tag Kristi.

11 comments:

Leah Dozier said...

The fear of parking structures sounds completely normal to me. I am always nervous when I am driving on a bridge, I swear there will be an earthquake and I will fall to my death. Maybe it's the result of living (or growing up) in California. And the bossy youngest kid thing? I am the same way and I am the youngest in my family. We just know better. :)

Kara said...

If you publish a family cooking book, I would buy about 20 copies and give them to everyone I know for Christmas. Now if that is not incentive, I don't know what is!!! Kindly leave out any bean soup recipes (it's one of those scary memories that dates back to my childhood).

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding?! Everyone is afraid of parking structures.

(Here comes Luke's mandatory movie reference)

Ever since I saw the World Trade Center movie, I've been afraid of ANYTHING collapsing on me - even those metal grates over storm drains.

I also fear structures because somebody could easily jump out and stab you while you unlocked your car. If I had an enemy, that's what I'd do to him. It's terrifying.

Katie said...

you mean, stuff I already knew and wished I didn't know? Yes.

Carl said...

Possums are cool! Don't hate on the possums! Besides... they're good eatins'.

I'm afraid of parking structures too. I had a dream once a possessed car chased me around in one...

Anne said...

You don't need to go to a looney bin, just get some good drugs!

Emily said...

I was just going to say that I'd TOTALLY buy a family cookbook from the Stiers...but Kara beat me to it!

Mindy said...

I dig your blog! I always crack up when I read it. You are one clever chick! And Opossums ARE so discusting.

Tammy said...

I second your fear of possums. I remember the time I found one in an outside utility closet. Its beady, red eyes still haunt me! I kept thinking that it looked like a Rat of Unusual Size from The Princess Bride.

Trena said...

I don't think they exist.

Melissa said...

I always learn so many fun things about you when you do these tags. I LOVE it! I didn't know you had a family cookbook you are going to publish. You go girl!

PS - you should publish a book about how you've stayed so healthy (no surgeries, broken bones...are you sure you've lived?). Now that's a book I could use!